Monday, November 20, 2006

Not My Favorite Holiday, But...

[Updated by DaddyMike at 8:24 PM EST]

I am very excited and feeling happy about Thanksgiving this year. It is so good to be home for a week and to know that we are going to have EVERYBODY over on Thanksgiving day, including Uncle Sid and Aunt Boonya.

On Thanksgiving Eve we are going to have a special movie night. Ethan and Korey are also invited. We will be making popcorn and perhaps some other goodies as well. Does anyone like Root Beer floats? If there is a good turnout, we will move the coffee table into the music room so there will be room for all on the floor. I've select a special movie that no doubt some will expect to be lame, but I saw it on an airplane and thought that it was superb, so I'm asking everyone to leave their opinions elsewhere and give the movie a chance. Show time will be around 8:00. Dinner plans for Wednesday night haven't been finalized. I will discuss that with ConnieMom and one us will post details tonight or tomorrow.

[Dinner will be at 6:30. We are getting Gallas Pizza. I will have them cut it NY Style. If you decide to make other plans please be here at 8:00 PM for the movie. Please let me know in advance if I can expect you for dinner.]

On the menu for Thursday will be the traditional turkey, gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes, various treats including some vegan goodies and some macaroni with my organic vegan version of Mammy's pasta sauce. Not even table sugar in this batch. I think dinner will be around 3-4 O'clock, but we will update the blog with that information as well.

[Dinner will be after 3:00 - time approximate. We are telling Sid & Julie to come around 2:00.]

Thursday morning we will have a brief family meeting announcing our official "Studying Abroad" policy." Some time after Dinner ConnieMom and I will announce this year's Christmas party theme. At some point we will also be choosing our SecretSantas. Remember, this year we are sticking to it: - No one is to buy presents for each other or for ConnieMom and DaddyMike outside of their Secret Santa.

See you all here!

No comments: