Friday, November 17, 2006

MY WEBSITE

GUESS WHAT!

EVERYONE especially mom must read this!

... in my cs class... I MADE A WEBPAGE!! FROM SCRATCH!

It is still under construction so but you should seriously visit it. And make sure to check my mailform that is in a link near the bottom of the page! I want suggestions!
I hope you guys are impressed...it took me a long time. Well...sort of.

www.prism.gatech.edu/~emcconnell3

:D

Oh and Emma's sitcom story of the day...
Last night in my dorm the fire alarm went off.
and if it wasn't bad enough that it was 1:30am and FREEZING outside and took 25 mintes,

I WAS IN THE SHOWER!
So I had to get out with conditioner in my hair and stand out side wet in my bathrobe with everyone laughing at me.
But some random guy let me wear his hat so I didn't die. Yeah...it had to happen to someone eventually, might as well be me I guess.
heh.

Ethan got glasses...He needs his as much as I need mine, but someday I will make him wear them over to the house so you can all laugh.

I will be home on sunday! and home for the holiday sometime wednesday night!
I miss you all.

See you soon
<3 Em

4 comments:

Kacie said...

i used to HATE that damned fire alarm when you are in the shower and it is like 20 degrees outside. thank god that guy gave you a hat. what a nice guy.

ConnieMom said...

Awesome site! Was it fun? how long did it take you? Did you do it all in straight HTML?

As for the fire alarm, was it a false alarm? It didn't by any chance involve a guy named Skylar, did it? ;-)

Unknown said...

It was fun once I started to understand the requirements. I really went to town! I will have to show you the websites some of my friends made...then you will REALLY be proud of me.
All in all it probably took me 4 hours or more...It took a long time for me to figure out how to get it on the internet.
It was in straight HTML but my teacher did give us some basic code for the mailform page.

The firealarm went off becuase someone in the dorm connected to mine burnt popcorn...dumb boys...
___________________________

KC - yeah, I have been trying to figure out who it was so I can say thanks and give it back!
It was pretty embarrassing standing out there in my robe with everyone laughing and looking at me pitifully.

ConnieMom said...

Emma --- if you want to know statistics about your site (how many hits you get and where they come from) go to this site: http://www.statcounter.com/ and create an account. Follow the instructions, and then they'll give you a small snippet of code to put on your site. After you do that, page hits and lots of other things will be logged and you can go to your account at StatCounter and see the results.... Love, mom