Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wedding Update

I decided to post some of my wedding stuff for Grandma & Grandpa (and anyone else who is interested!) If you've already seen it on Facebook, sorry!!

These are my centerpieces that I made myself! =) I've been trying to do all of my flowers myself as well as many other things. (I'm sure you wouldn't expect any less.) It's a good distraction from the stuff I'm supposed to be doing to graduate....


I got most of these flowers on clearance after Halloween. I'm always looking for a good deal. I was trying to go for a "picnic" look so that's why I put them in the basket.


Here are four of them together. I think this picture gave some people the idea that I was done with my centerpieces... but actually I still have to make six more! At least! =(


Above is a close up of one of the butterflies that I put in the flowers. I think it's cute. I love butterflies. And below is a picture of our cat Ruben trying to "help" me.... He really likes to play with all of my craft things (including yarn!)


I also made my flower girl basket. I like the little butterflies on the basket. =)


Korey's little sister Samantha is going to be our flower girl. She was the flower girl in Korey's step-brother's wedding. This is a picture of her and Korey from his brother's wedding. I did her hair, haha. She wasn't happy about the hair, but she really liked being a flower girl, so she's excited to be a flower girl again. (She even asked me how the girls were going to wear their hair in my wedding. I told her that I was going to have it loose, no up-dos, and she was even more excited.)


This is the flower girl dress that I'm looking at right now. It's kind of difficult to find a dress that matches my dress, because my dress is made of chiffon but most little girl dresses aren't because the material is too clingy. But this one is pretty close. Anyway, it's in the same color range.


And below is the bridesmaids dress I picked out although none of my bridesmaids have tried it on yet. This is the material my dress is made out of so it matches a bit better. My bridesmaids are Emma (of course, Maid of Honor!), my friend Karen from college, my friend Sera, and Korey's other little sister Niki.

And below is the tux. I love the fact that it is brown! I think it is so much more unique then a black tux. (Although, dad threatened to wear a black one. Ugh!) And it matches the colors -- purple, ivory, and orange -- a lot better in my opinion. Our groomsmen are our friend Eric who actually met Korey and I at the same time Korey and I met at orientation, George, Korey's friend Corey, and Korey's little brother John.


So that's just a small update on what wedding stuff I have figured out. I also have invitations picked out and I'm going to be sending them soon after I sort out the last of the out of town addresses. (I'm sending the out of town invitations months in advance and sending the in town invitations closer to the date.)

I hope everyone is doing well!!

6 comments:

Aunt Boonya said...

Wow Twila, you are so organized. I'm very impressed!

ConnieMom said...

I really love the bridesmaid dress!

Unknown said...

wooooo...i am so sorry i am not there to help! I will be back soon! But you better give me two weeks or so before you make me try on a dress, i need to get rid of this beer belly first!
;-)

DaddyMike said...

Getting closer and closer to having a married daughter...

Twila said...

Boonya, I'm not that organized. I just like solving high-level problems, hahaha. There are some other girls I know getting married around the same time I am and they're worried about things like chair covers and seating charts so a lot of the time I feel LESS organized. But then I realize that would be a 5 minute decision for me and I would move on so I feel a little better. (I mean really? What color are the bows on you chairs? I'm not even going to have them! Hahaha!)

Dear Old Uncle Sid said...

Getting closer to having a married niece! c wally xaH!