Monday, January 15, 2007

Happenings

Well the holidays are over and I'm going to try to get back to posting at least once a week to let everyone know what's going on.

Aunt Boonya had her surgery on Friday. So far all seems well; everything seems to have gone as smoothly as possible and I think she is making a quick recovery!! Yay.

Mike's travel schedule has been updated. After a bit of time at home over the holidays he's now back on the travel grind. :-(

Speaking of travel, I have to go out of town on a business trip the last week of February. I will be gone for the whole week, South Carolina I think. Mike has scheduled to be in town that week so don't be planning a big party!

As you would know from reading her post, Cheyenne has gotten a new job. Very exciting; I'm sure she'll be happy at Publix; it seems like a good place to work.

We saw Twila and Korey on Friday; they came over for burgers on the grill. Korey has started his internship and seems to be liking it. Twila quit Office Max and is considering her next move; maybe an internship as well.

Emma was home for a short while on Sunday. She had to get back to for an "environmental awareness" club meeting and to do homework.

Cheyenne & Veronica spent the night Sunday night. We watched "Nacho Libre". It was, well, funny, in a jack-black sort of way. Not for everyone!

George has a birthday coming up --- "sweet sixteen" and never been driving yet. Sometimes the littlest birdie needs help flying from the nest!

Veronica, on the other hand, seems quite anxious to get her license. She starts driver's training February 24th.

Reminder: Tax time is coming around. Those of you with shallow incomes might want to check if you're getting anything back. I have TurboTax if anyone needs help.



And Kacie is back at UGA --- AS A SENIOR!! Holy cow, is that possible??? GO KACIE!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Aunt B!

As I was reading the part about you being out of town, Mom, I was thinking up a guest list...darnit.

I can't believe Twi quit Office Max. How long do you think it will be until she goes back?

I wanna see Nacho Libre!!

Err...since I worked for a lot of 06 what do I have to do to get the GREEN?

Anonymous said...

Yep. A Senior.




My quarter life crisis is coming back on. ......

ConnieMom said...

For the GREEN -- If you have your last pay check stub(s), you can check how much you paid into Federal and State taxes. You oughtta get most, if not all, of that back. By Jan 31, your w2s will come in the mail, and then we can check if it's worthwhile to file your taxes. Basically if you are getting back more than $10 or so, it's worth it.

Twila said...

Watch out for my W2s - and I probably won't be going back. Not to that location. I've screwed up too much there to go back while the current managers are managing there... ^^;
And I didn't really think Nacho Libre was too good. Kinda disgusting. Not really worth seeing.