Thursday, February 15, 2007

WREK Radio and other things...

Hello family,

I know I made the last post, but I wanted to remind you all that I will be at the WREK Radio sation on friday at noon "dummy op-ing" the Blue Plate Special. It's 91.1 on the dial...and this time I am going to make Gabe let me read something on air.
For those of you that can't hear it on the radio, you can get it streaming online as well.

I am still a quite a few weeks from becoming a full-blown DJ; I have to take a test and submit a "air-check CD," but after that I plan to do The Classics at 6 or 7am which is all classical music. And maybe someday I'll launch my own show. Who knows...

I am also going to be a project coordinator for Tech Beautification Day in April. It is a campus wide community service day to better the school and community. I'll be in charge of directing a group of people working on a project. It's going to be a lot of fun, especially since it will be spring.

I will, in fact, be coming to dinner on Saturday night and bringing Ethan. And I can cook for Kacie and I if need be. I miss cooking, so I would be more than willing to whip something up. Maybe something that won't involve me taking up a too much space in the kitchen.

Oh...and I got a 60% on my Physics test. Ouch. But I was still above the class average! Significantly. So i don't feel quite so bad. And since my last test was so good, I should be okay.

I'll call sometime before we come over on Saturday. Do you have a dinnertime estimate?
All Ethan and I will be doing Saturday is homework, so we can come whenever.

Love you all!

Emma

5 comments:

Grandma said...

I had no idea you were a DJ. I'm so proud of you. And I was just thinking of things you could cook. Why not make a meatless chilli? Put in everything but the meat. Brown the onion, green pepper and celery. Add tomatoes,beans and spices like normal. Sounds good to me.

Unknown said...

I just started working at the radio station this semester! It's pretty fun and I've been meeting some cool people that I have things in common with.

I do love chilli...I just might have to make some! That is something I could make at home and freeze and bring back to my dorm as well...

:D

ConnieMom said...

Veronica is bringing her new boyfriend over on Saturday too! So we will have a full dinner table. I'm looking forward to it!

Will have to check with Mike on dinner time since I'm not sure what time Veronica's beau will be here. But you can bring your books and study here if you want...

DaddyMike said...

Veronica couldn't get off from work on Saturday, so her date is off. She hasn't told me yet what time she is done with work, but it is usually 5:00 PM on Saturday. I expect dinner will be somewhere around 6:30. We will let everyone know in plenty of time.

Cheyenne has to work at her new job at Publix (which she says is great - way better than Chick Fil A!) until 10:30 PM so we won't be holding dinner for her.

DaddyMike said...

Just got a text from Veronica - she needs to be picked up at work at 7:10 P.M. so Mom and I will work out the dinner details and get back to everyone.