Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My Days

Hey Family!

Just posting to tell you about a few things...

I've had some academic success...I got an 87 on my physics test (class average was a 64) and a 91 on my organic chemistry test (class average was a 75). So that is an improvement from last semester anyway. And in chem I did better than my study partner who was one of the smartest kids at Pope. Rose, who is his girlfriend, has demanded that I help him. I thought it was the other way around!

Also, I have been sending my resume out. I have two interviews so far. They are in March with HNTB Corporation and Geo-Hydro Engineers Inc. Although I am nervous, it is exciting to be entering the world of real jobs. No more QT for me...
This is the description of the job at Geo-Hydro:
"Co-ops will support geotechnical and materials engineers in performing subsurface explorations, seismic refraction surveys, erosion control inspections, CAD, soil classification, soil testing, concrete testing, agggregate testing, asphalt testing, and construction inspection. "
That is my top choice as of right now!

I finally watched "Good Morning" the movie Mike burned for me for my English class and it was great. My favorite so far.

Also I have a movie reccommendation for everyone. It's called Idiocracy, and it has Luke Wilson in it. It's about the future and rather than society advancing, everyone gets really stupid.
It is hilarious.

Now I have to go study for my calc test! Talk to you all later.
Hope you are well.

Emma

3 comments:

ConnieMom said...

Yay! I guess it's safe to say it is going a lot better this semester than last!

So are you saying "Good Morning" is your favorite? Of all time? can't be. Johnny Depp would be devastated.

Twila said...

That movie depressed me terribly because it is so true... ;_; (Idiocracy, that is. Watched it last night.)

Unknown said...

I meant that "Good Morning" was my fav movie we've seen in class. Definatly not ever.
Though it is good.

Yeah...Idiocracy makes me sad too! really sad, actually.