Thursday, February 08, 2007

DJ Captain Planet

Hey guys,

I know I just posted a few days ago, but I have some more things to tell everyone!
First of all...there have been some issues at our dining hall. And for some unknown reason we had been using styrofoam plates and bowls and plastic silverware for 3 or 4 weeks. I decided to make a complaint to the manager of Woodruff (my dining hall) about how much excess garbage we were producing everyday, especially styrofoam, which doesn't degrade in landfills. He sent me back an e-mail explaining what the issue was and said "Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention. This concern should be resolved by this afternoon." Sure enough, when I went to dinner we were back to our regular reusable plateware!
Saving the planet one complaint at a time...
haha.

Also, I am training to become a DJ and tomorrow is my first day on air at the radio station, WREK 91.1 so I wanted to encourage you all to tune in from 12-1pm. The show is called Blue Plate Special. You can hear it streaming on the website www.wrek.org.
I don't know how much air time I will have this first time, but listen for me! I'll be the DJ in training at that same time every week until I learn to work all the equipment.
So, check it out!

Em

7 comments:

DaddyMike said...

Awesome.

Unknown said...

I think you would be impressed at the stations music vault. It has been collecting music since 1968 so you can imagine how extensive it is!

Kacie said...

yay Emma! Tha sounds so cool! I can't wait to listen!! I love you! Do you get to talk and stuff???? <3

ConnieMom said...

That is really cool; I will try to tune in today!

Aunt Boonya said...

Great show! Except.... er..... Throat in three parts was really really gross, not a good thing to play at lunchtime. MMMMMZ.

I didn't hear you on the air, I didn't start listening till about 12:10, did you get any airtime before I started listening?

I really enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

Sadly enough, I didn't talk this time. Though he was nice, my trainer is kind of a dweeb (you heard him and heard what he chose to play...) but next week I am definatly going to ask him if I can get on air.

I am so excited!

Twila said...

Jason says Tech's station has been getting better and better. So that's cool! ^_^ I'll have to tell him when you DJ.