Monday, September 22, 2008

Virus Reminder


I just wanted to remind everyone to be careful before you click a link in an email. I got a virus email today claiming that someone sent me an e-card and it looked like it came from Hallmark. There were some clues that it was a virus. One was that in the "to" address it said "undisclosed recipients." When I hovered the mouse over the link it revealed a different address than Hallmark.com.

Here's an example, though it is harmless:

http://www.amazon.com

The link looks like "Amazon" but it doesn't take you there. If you move your mouse over the link and look at the bottom of the screen you'll see it the actual address.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

hahaha!
I love that it's a Disney address! Nice Daddy!

Dear Old Uncle Sid said...

They autopsied Bush and he's not even dead yet?