Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Life as a Teacher

Well, in case you haven't heard, my new job is next to impossible.

I truly think I am the most ineffective teacher in the history of the world. My kids run wild, I am trying to teach 16-year-old how to add 1 digit numbers, some of my kids can barely write their own name, and all of my boys are in "love" with me and write me inappropriate love letters. I go to bed at 9 every night, and I eat sad meals that I cook for me and my roommate, and the most exciting spot in town is Wal-mart. I miss my boyfriend, my friends, and my freedom.

I actually did a dance in the hallway today out of happiness when I found out my WORST BEHAVED STUDENT who is in TWO of my classes got suspended for 10 days. That's 10 days of teaching. I am really stoked. Of course, he got suspended for jumping another child in the hall.

Teaching is the hardest thing I have ever done, and I truly think it takes a special person to get up every morning and fight this battle, and I don't think I can be that person for more than 2 years. Ughh.

3 comments:

DaddyMike said...

I'm very proud of you Kacie. It might get better - definitely though teaching normal kids in a decent school would seem like a vacation (after your two years of hell!)

Dear Old Uncle Sid said...

We are with you no matter what you decide. Having spent a good portion of my tech career as a teacher, I can agree with your father, my brother, Ziggy, Rooster, and Maggie's uncle...once this two year xoot is over, teaching in a good school where most of the kids are there to learn, will be the most rewarding, job you may ever have. We love you.

Uncle Sid and Aunt Boonya

Kacie said...

sid, I love you guys too. You should tell boonya that the woman who wrote Dive From Clausen's Pier did write another novel called "Songs Without Words" and it's AWESOME.