Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I did it!

Today, after meeting with a professor, walking up and down two flights of stairs four times, and writing a check for $40.00, I have officially petitioned to graduate.
What does that mean? Essentially nothing other than that they know I want to graduate. (Especially since I have all kinds of issues including course number changes and course request changes to have done for me - and I don't get my hope up with SPSU's communication record too much on something like that.)
However, it does feel a lot more real now that I will be graduating in another semester.
Plus, on the upside, I did discover that I only have to take four classes next semester instead of the five I thought I did. Which means I technically didn't have to take six now, but it also means I've lightened the load on myself for Portfolio.

In other news, I'm going to go back to my internship for a while and maybe they'll just keep me on...? Because they're moving offices, they need someone to help go through things who is really thorough. Well, as mum likely knows, I have plenty of experience as a pack rat. =)
I don't know that I would want to work there full time upon graduation, but the extra cash right now is nice especially seeing as I'm going to have to buy a new computer in the next few months if I want my student discounts. ($250 for InDesign, PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator? How can you turn that down?!)

In news beyond other news, the living situation is going well. =) I'm learning how to cook better despite my belgian waffle disaster this morning. And Korey has tried almost everything I've made. Yay! I think I'm going to bake a pie tonight.... yum!

2 comments:

DaddyMike said...

PARENTAL ADVISORY ALERT:

Act as if you want to work for them after graduation even if you decide you don't. It's always good to have a "fall back" job just in case.

ConnieMom said...

1) CONGRATULATIONS!!

2) I hope they want someone who is good at deciding what to KEEP, not deciding what to THROW AWAY! :-)

3) Let me know how the pie comes out!