Thursday, December 20, 2007

Back by Popular Demand --- with a twist!

As many of you will recall, we didn't have Christmas stockings last year. I know it was an unpopular decision, but I felt it was justified, as I was spending a rather substantial sum of cash on stuff that no one really seemed to want, at least not past the first few minutes of thinking "hey, what's this!?" More than once I've found stashes of unopened stocking gifts 6 months or a year or two years later, which was a demotivating factor overall for me.

But this year, someone --- and I really can't remember who --- came up with a great idea. So it is with great pleasure that I announce the return of the Christmas Stocking, with a bit of a twist!

The twist is that, instead of me trying to find and buy stocking stuffers for everyone, each kid will buy a stocking stuffer, one for each stocking of course. You don't have to buy one for yourself if you want to save money, but the idea is to buy something you yourself would want, presumably, and it's not supposed to be expensive. In fact, shopping at the Dollar Store is certainly acceptable.

You can buy the same thing for everyone, or something different for everyone, as long as you spend the same amount for each gift.

The stockings are hung by the chimney with care at this moment. Feel free to put your items in whenever you want --- you don't have to wait till christmas --- but no peeking!

Note to Twila: Since you are out of town and this is short notice, I realize you might not have time to shop for this. Let me know if you see this post, and if you think you'll have time to find something. If you can't, I'll do it for you. If I don't hear from you I'll assume you didn't see the post...

3 comments:

Twila said...

Yeah, I pretty much have no clue how I would get this done. We get into Atlanta at two on Christmas Eve and then, as far as I know, we're driving to Blue Ridge immediately and I'm driving back that night. =/ Sorry.

ConnieMom said...

That's okay. I figured as much, no problem!

A said...

Update!!