Friday, April 20, 2007

No one has posted in a while...


Hey Family,

I just had a few things I thought I would tell you about.

The first is that I got a 6 person apartment for the fall semester. It is going to be kind of wild living with 5 other girls, but we have three bathrooms and two full sized refridgerators...so I guess we will see? I already know one of my roommates because she is a civil engineer and we had orientation together.
Here is a picture of my floor. I am room 233 B which is on the left side of that short part that juts out of the L. Click the pic for a bigger view.

There is a huge Earth Day celebration going on at my campus today. There are a lot of hobos here getting the free stuff. And tomorrow I will be leading a group of 20 volunteers in mulching along a 600 foot wall by the baseball field!
In the spirit of Earth Day I wanted to share an application for your computer that helps conserve energy. It is called Local Cooling (click for link to website). In a nut shell, "the 100% Free LocalCooling Application automatically optimizes your PC's power consumption by using a more effective power save mode." I especially think the PC's at home should have this, because they are always left on. But I encourage everyone to go to the website and check it out! Al Gore would want you too!

And lastly, I went to a concert earlier in the week. I especially like one of the artists, Kevin Devine. I think everyone in the family would be happy to know that I found yet another popular musician with a blatent anti-war message. I don't know if everyone would like his music, but here is a particularly powerful excerpt from his song "No Time Flat"

"You say support the troops; I do.
I want them all brought back,
and every building that you bombed raised from the ground.
If you really go and reinstate the draft,
you'll straight away just split the country straight in half,
so try arresting everyone who sends their draft cards back.
I'll be returning mine in no time flat."


It just wanted to share that and how happy it made me!

I will be around with Ethan this weekend. So...I guess I will see you then?

1 comment:

ConnieMom said...

Hmmm... that dorm room looks like "party central" to me! Well, at least you'll have plenty of people around to eat leftovers!!