Monday, March 19, 2007

Celebrate!

So, I officially have a real, professional job!
The company I was most interested in for co-op called me today and made an offer and I accepted it. $13.50 an hour for 40 hours a week.
They are located in Kennesaw, which means very close and no downtown commute.
I don't have full details on when I will start, but I am going down to the office tomorrow to meet people and finalize the details.
Supposedly Phil, my interviewer, (or should I say Mr. Barber?) was singing my praises!

Here is what I'll be doing this summer:
"Co-ops will support geotechnical and materials engineers in performing subsurface explorations, seismic refraction surveys, erosion control inspections, CAD, soil classification, soil testing, concrete testing, agggregate testing, asphalt testing, and construction inspection."

Sounds fun, huh?
I just hope I get to wear a hard hat like this guy.
:-D

4 comments:

DaddyMike said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see you in your hardhat...

Kacie said...

congrats@@@ id bemore excited if i wasnt sick. ;)

ConnieMom said...

Excellent! It really sounds like a good fit for you, Emma.

For those of you wondering what she is up to, here is a link to the company's web site: Geo Hydro Engineers, Inc.

Twila said...

That's great! And actually, as uninterested as I am in doing ANYTHING like that, I will say, erosion control and soil classification is REALLY interesting! In Bio II my Professor had her like one and only friend come in and she was something like an environmental engineer with a speciality in soil and she taught us how to classify it with real soil. It was pretty cool. Mostly because we got to play with dirt. ;)