Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Unorganized!

Hey family!
I know that most of you have heard of me complain that this campus is filled with Christians! And it's really annoying, as you all could have guessed. Well, other people were annoyed by it too so they decided to start a group for non-Christian, and I decided to go to the first meeting last night. It was pretty cool. I was pretty excited because I finally didn't feel alone in my views! I mean there we athiests, agnostics, pegans!, and others that just didn't know what to call themselves. They believed in nature and love and just being good people! There was one Christian, but he said himself that he thinks that there are very few "real Christians" left in the world. He talked about how real Christians don't judge others and are accepting of people who are different. It was pretty cool. I am afraid that I might not be able to stay with this group though. The Bridge Program, starting next Monday, is requiring us to do these stupid things every Monday at 7! I already told the lady that I would be late because I have class until 6:45, but the Meetings last until about 7:30! Any suggestions on what I could do? She already told me we "had to come to ALL of them," becuase I already asked! Maybe go to the meetings and just be really late to the Bridge things? I don't know...
Well I guess that's it. I just wanted to share my excitement.
Love you guys!
Cheyenne

5 comments:

Twila said...

Well, I definitely say go to any required activity first. You don't want grades to be affected!
So if you have to miss the meetings, get some of the names of the people at the meetings and add them on Facebook and start being friends with them that way so even if you can't attend meetings, you have people to hang out with and vent to. The best way to start becoming friends with someone on Facebook, to me, is to post on their wall or notes or whatever frequently so that you show you care and after a bit ask if they want to go to lunch or what not.
Hopefully the group will retain enough members that you can schedule around it next semester.

Cheyenne said...

Well, I understand what your saying, but the Bridge program isn't a class so it won't affect my grades. The first "Fireside Chat"-which to tel u the truth i have no clue what it is-will take off my Bridge Hold so I can register for classes next semester. After that I don't know what they can do if I dont go. They expect is to do all this crap we dont want to do! we have lives! but w/e

ConnieMom said...

Good advice, Twila.

Cheyenne, yes I think you go to the Bridge program meeting and see what it's all about. You can talk to your program manager about missing every other week or something. But do take Twila's advice and follow what's going on with the people you met through Facebook.

I'm just glad you found a group like that!

Twila said...

Anything that places a hold on registration isn't a good thing to tick off. ^_^ (I know, because every semester I have a hold on my account through TCOM and it feels like a thousand years before I can register so I just bypass the process by going through the Honors program, heh.)
But, what I'd do - and I'm going to be honest though I'd still take my first recommendation if you want to do the "right" thing - is go to the club meetings every so often and but leave a little early and just show up a little late for Bridge. But don't do that every week, since that could PO the person running the class and you don't want to get into too bad a standing with them.

Cheyenne said...

I talked to my mentor and she said that as long as we show up, even if its late, then it will be ok. so if i go to the meetings and take the 7:30 shuttle to bobcat, then i can get back in time to be there. the Bridge thing this Monday to realese my hold, i was never planning on missing that! i know its important. haha. well thanks!