Saturday, April 18, 2009

Braggin' Rights

I thought I would post about what graduation things are going on with me. If anyone wants to come to any of these events, that would be cool. =)

Tuesday, April 21st from 4:00 to 6:00 - Portfolio Open House
This is where all of the graduating seniors in my major set up their web and paper portfolios. Everyone from the department, friends and family, past graduates, and even future employers are invited. I've been to several of these in the past, so I'm excited that it's finally my time to do it!

Friday, April 24th - Student Awards Banquet
I was really shocked to have been selected as this years "Outstanding Senior" in my major. (Mostly because I didn't know we had such an award!) So I get to attend a banquet and I believe eat yummy food and see who else won. Korey was nominated for this in his major as well, but it's far more competitive in his major and I don't think he won or I think we would've heard by now.

Thursday, April 30th from 3:00 to 5:00 - Honors Graduation Ceremony
This ceremony is open to anyone for attendance but is specifically for my graduation from the Honors program. I will be given my honors graduation cords and will have a professor speak about me. I've never been to one of these before, so I'm not sure what to expect!

Saturday, May 9th at 2:00 - Graduation Ceremony
This is it! My final exodus into the real world, hahaha. Anyone can attend and it is taking place in the gym.

And that's about it! Have to get in the shower because we're getting our engagement pics done today. Yay! I will post some when we get them back. =)

Hope everyone is doing well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WELL, i will definitely be at the graduation! And maybe i can show up to another....we'll chat....i'll text you.

:)

WAY TO GO! I can't believe you are getting outta school, finally. It's kinda scary, but i am proud!!

Twila said...

Yay Emma! :D Thanks! Good luck finding the gym... I don't even know where it is!!!! (Is that terrible, or is that terrible?)

ConnieMom said...

I wish I could have come to the portfolio review! that really sounded like fun, but by the time I got home from the airport etc --- well, this is just the first chance I had to even catch my breath.

I guess the banquet is for students only? I will try to come to the honors graduation on Friday...

It's just so HARD TO BELIEVE you are graduating!!!! I am so proud of you and all you accomplished these last four years!

DaddyMike said...

So, who had the SECOND coolest portfolio?