Sunday, August 24, 2008

I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!


I've been searching for a replacement for my cracked flour and sugar canisters for literally YEARS. I didn't know the name of the pattern and I thought all hope was lost. Internet searches on "apple motif canister" turned up nothing.

Then tonight, we ran out of flour. So I took the thing and washed it (what does this say about my cleaning habits) and noticed there on the bottom was the maker and the name of the pattern: Applejack by Ingleman Design. Doh! Why didn't I think of that before?? Anyway, within 10 minutes I found a replacement online for the flour cannister and a lid for the sugar, both of which have been cracked since before 9/11.

Needless to say it was quite a bit more expensive than what I originally paid for the whole set... but for some reason I got attached to these and I've never been able to find any I like better.

Just goes to show, in the words of Commander Peter Quincy Taggart: "No! Never give up, never surrender. " At least not when it comes to replacement china.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

aww! thats awesome! yay!

ConnieMom said...

Thanks Cheyenne! It's my birthday present to me!